I’ve been going, going, going lately. (I’ve also been growing, growing, growing… but that’s a whole other story!) I find myself rushing in the mornings, and unfortunately, a quality breakfast is one of the first things that goes out the window. Obviously, that’s not a good thing! So a few nights ago, I baked up a breakfast that I could have for the next several mornings. I was originally just going to make a batch of these waffles, but I was afraid they would get soggy in the fridge. I did refer to the recipe, however, and threw together some things on a whim. It worked out perfectly!
Cranberry Pineapple Breakfast Bake
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 6oz container 2% Pineapple Chobani
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon honey (separated)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small loaf pan.
- Combine oats, flour, and baking powder in a small mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flax egg, yogurt, almond milk, vanilla, and 1/2 tablespoon honey.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of honey and cranberries into the bottom of loaf pan.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
I made this breakfast bake with three of my all-time favorite brands! Just wanted to give them a little shout-out, because I use them all the time.
Yesterday, I started my day with part of this bake. I crumbled 1/4 of the bake on top of a Strawberry Chobani. I also added some extra dried cranberries and a drizzle of honey. Amazing.
After work, I quickly ate dinner and headed to the gym to meet up with my friend Logan. I probably shouldn’t admit this, but I was so nervous! I hadn’t taken the belly out like that in public. I’ve been running and lifting at the house, so this was a big change for me. I don’t know why I felt so self-concious, but it really threw me off at first. I’m so glad my first trip back to the gym was with a friend. It made it so much better!
We ran/walked for about 40 minutes and then did a quick upper body workout. Of course I made time to goof off in between sets. (Yes, I can only manage about 20 lbs right now. Just shows how big a difference a few months off can make!) I don’t know if the man in the corner is annoyed or amused.
After the gym, I had a huge craving for FroYo! I asked my husband to bring me a small bowl. This is what he brought me. He’s a comedian. It did actually end up being the perfect amount, though, so the joke’s on him! 😉
After my little treat, I played with the Budster and went to bed. Overall, I’d say I had a pretty productive day.
What did YOU accomplish yesterday? (I’m sure it was more than I did! haha)