Ryne and I spent all day today at the Masters. We did a lot of walking, eating, and celebrity stalking. Unfortunately, cameras are not allowed on tournament days, so I have nothing to share other than the two pictures we snapped before walking in.
I do have a ridiculous recipe for you, though. I’ve always wanted to make knock-off PF Chang’s Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps, but I never could quite figure out what they put in them. Instead of worrying over getting it right, I just threw together some things that I know taste good. (The sauce was definitely inspired by the “make your own” sauce at the table, though!) Enjoy!
Spicy Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 block of extra-firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, coarsely diced
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, coarsely diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, coarsely diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, coarsely diced
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, coarsely diced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon hot mustard
- 4-6 large lettuce leaves
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a large skillet.
- Add crumbled tofu and saute for 5 minutes over medium heat (or until tofu has browned).
- Add diced vegetables and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- While tofu and vegetables are cooking, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and mustard in a small bowl to create a sauce/dip.
- Before serving, stir half of sauce into tofu and vegetable mixture. Reserve the second half for dipping.
- Serve small portions of the mixture wrapped in lettuce leaves. Don’t forget to dip!😉
As always, adjust to your taste! They are pretty dang good, though.🙂